Friday, July 20, 2012

Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Cookies



Recently, I have been put on a pretty restrictive diet by my doctor. I have to be completely gluten free and lactose free. I have also discovered that big amounts of refined sugar also make me feel sick. It's hard to find tasty food when you are really restricted.

When my sister, Cheryl, was little she won first place in a contest for making some chocolate crinkle cookies. Today I decided to make a variation of these cookies that are gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. Here's the recipe:


Add and mix in order:

1/2 c. coconut oil (you can use and oil you want, I prefer coconut oil)
3/4 c. honey (you can add a bit more, to taste)
4 eggs
3/4 c. cocoa powder
2 c. almond flour
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 t. vanilla
After you have that all mixed together add 2 more cups of almond flour and mix well until everything is blended together.

Spoon 2" balls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake in 375 degrees for 7-8 min. DO NOT LEAVE IN OVEN MORE THAN 8 MINUTES. With dark chocolate desserts it is sometimes hard to tell when they are done. The cookies may feel a little gooey, but believe me...THEY'RE DONE!


These cookies, in no way, compare to the original cookies that are refined sugar and gluten packed. I haven't had the original cookie for probably a year, and these re-made cookies taste pretty good to me. I hope you enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment